New Neocate Junior Unflavoured is a great tasting* hypoallergenic, amino acid based formula, specifically designed for children over one year of age with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy and food-allergy-associated conditions: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD), eosinophilic oesophagitis (EoE), short bowel syndrome (SBS), malabsorption and other GI disorders.
Neocate Junior is suitable for children who cannot eat any other foods, as it is nutritionally complete. It may be used as a sole source of nutrition in children over one year of age.
Neocate Junior does not contain milk or soy and has been formulated to meet the daily nutritional requirements of an infant. See label for nutrition information.
At Nutricia, we work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible nutritional support. We periodically improve our products based on the latest medical and scientific knowledge. The new and improved Neocate® Junior is now upgraded to better meet nutritional needs of children and teens.
New Neocate® Junior:
- Has a great taste† by way of innovative food technology and therefore minimising the characteristic bitter taste of amino acids
- Allows for a flexible concentration to meet the needs of our customers at various life stages. Neocate® Junior can be prepared at standard concentration but can also be prepared differently to meet specific needs. Your healthcare professional will be able to assist you with this.
- Is well tolerated‡ and has excellent compliance due to its flexible transition
- Is suitable as a supplement to the diet or as a sole source of nutrition, and can be taken orally or via a feeding tube
Although Neocate® Junior is new, it still has the key features that you have always relied on.
- Neocate® Junior is a hypoallergenic, amino acid based formula, specifically designed for children over one year of age with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, Eosinophilic Oesophagitis (EoE), Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS), malabsorption and other medical conditions requiring an elemental diet.
- Neocate® Junior does not contain any food protein, thereby eliminating the possibility of an allergic reaction in allergic children. It is manufactured in a dedicated cows’ milk protein free environment and packaged in a protective atmosphere to ensure a high quality, hypoallergenic product.
- Neocate® Junior can be used to fully meet children’s nutritional requirements, or to provide additional nutrients to support a restricted diet e.g. allergen elimination diet.
To learn more about Neocate® Junior, click here
Direction for use:
Your doctor or dietitian will advise the appropriate amount of Neocate Junior to be given. This may vary depending on how much and what types of solids are permitted, as well as the age and weight of your child.
Always follow preparation instructions on the Neocate Junior can carefully. To make a standard dilution (21% w/v), add 4 level scoops (32g) of Neocate Junior to every 130ml of warm or cool water. This will give you a final volume of 150ml. Only use the scoop provided. Do not boil formula or microwave to prepare or warm formula.
- Measure the correct amount of cooled boiled water into a container.
- Add the prescribed number of level scoops of Neocate Junior to the pre-measured water.
- Cover and shake until the powder has dissolved.
For more helpful tips and tricks to get your child started on Neocate Junior Unflavoured, go to our ” Quick Transition Guide” or “Comprehensive Parent Guide” below:
If taken orally, Neocate Junior is best served chilled. If using boiled water, cool before preparing the feed. Feed can be prepared in advance. Once prepared, the formula should be allowed to cool, then stored in a refrigerator and used within 24 hours. Discard all unused reconstituted product after 24 hours. Shake or stir Neocate Junior immediately before use.
*Data on file, May 2016 & January 2017