- Drained liquid from a 400g tin of chickpeas (also known as aquafaba)
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut cream
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seasonal fresh fruit to serve
Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid from the tin. Refrigerate both the chickpea liquid, and the tin of coconut cream overnight. Place the chickpeas in a container and refrigerate for another use.
- Preheat your oven at 150ºC and line two baking trays with greaseproof baking paper
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the chilled chickpea liquid until soft peaks form (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Gradually add the caster sugar to the chickpea liquid and continue to mix until the sugar has completely dissolved
- Spoon the mixture on to baking trays in circles of approximately 10 cm in diameter
- Turn the oven down to 100ºC and place baking trays in oven
- Bake for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the outside of the mini pavlova’s are dry to the touch and just slightly golden
- Turn the oven off and leave oven door slightly ajar to let the heat escape. This will enable your mini pavlova’s to cool without excessive cracking and should take around one hour
- Once you’re ready to serve your mini pavlova’s, using a stand mixer, whip the coconut cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form
- Spread the whipped coconut cream over your mini pavlova’s and top with your favourite seasonal summer fruits! We recommend some freshly sliced mango and passionfruit puree
Take extra care when removing the cooked mini pavlova’s from the baking tray – they are easy to crack!