- 12 scoops Neocate*
- 360 ml cooled Boiled Water
- ⅓ cup puree Pear, Apple or other preferred fruit
- 2 tbsp. Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp. Golden Syrup
*Always use the scoop provided in the Neocate tin.
- Combine the Neocate and water, and mix as though you are making a formula.
- Place the rice flour in a bowl and add a small amount of the Neocate formula to form a smooth paste. Gradually add the remaining Neocate formula stirring well.
- Place this mixture in a saucepan and place over a moderate heat for 3 – 4 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken. Stir constantly to prevent lumps forming.
- Cool, and then add the puree fruit and golden syrup and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a ice cream tray or cake tin and place in the freezer until ice starts forming around the edges (approximately 1 hour). Do not allow the mixture to completely freeze.
- Pour the cold mixture into a bowl and beat with an electric whisk or mixer until the mixture is light and frothy. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Return this mixture to the ice cream tray and freeze until set.
- To serve, flake the ice cream with the side of a fork. The ice cream will have a sorbet-like consistency.
- This recipe can easily be doubled. It may take longer for the mixture to form ice around the edges.