As your baby grows up, you will encounter new milestones when it comes to food.
Once your baby or child is established on a Neocate product, your healthcare professional may allow you to start introducing certain foods into their diet.
Please remember a few things when introducing new foods:
- When your child is ready, at around 6 months, but not before 4 months, start to introduce a variety of solid foods, starting with iron rich foods, while continuing to breastfeed (where possible)
- Only introduce new foods when your child is well
- Foods should be introduced one at a time so that triggers of allergic reactions can be identified quickly
- If symptoms occur, it is important to stop the food being tested, record the symptoms and discuss them with your doctor or dietitian
- The frequency with which each new food is introduced (daily/twice weekly/weekly etc.) will vary. Discuss this with your doctor or dietitian
- If symptoms occur, wait approximately one to three days after symptoms have ceased before giving another new food
- Continue to give your child those foods that have already been introduced and tolerated
To discover new and exciting recipes go here …
Always follow the advice of your doctor or dietitian.
To find out more about growing up with Neocate go to our Blog section
- ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, 2008; Vol. 46, No. 1.
- ASCIA. http://www.allergy.org.au/images/pcc/ASCIA_guidelines_infant_feeding_and_allergy_ prevention.pdf [information accessed [27 May 2016]]