As your baby grows up, you will encounter new milestones when it comes to food.
Once your baby or child is established on a Neocate product, your healthcare professional may allow you to start introducing certain foods into their diet.
Please remember a few things when introducing new foods:
- When your child is ready, at around 6 months, but not before 4 months, start to introduce a variety of solid foods, starting with iron rich foods, while continuing to breastfeed (where possible)
- Only introduce new foods when your child is well
- Foods should be introduced one at a time so that triggers of allergic reactions can be identified quickly
- If symptoms occur, it is important to stop the food being tested, record the symptoms and discuss them with your doctor or dietitian
- The frequency with which each new food is introduced (daily/twice weekly/weekly etc.) will vary. Discuss this with your doctor or dietitian
- If symptomsoccur, wait approximately one to three days after symptoms have ceased before giving another new food
- Continue to give your child those foods that have already been introduced and tolerated
For recipe ideas go to the recipe section
Always follow the advice of your doctor or dietitian.
To find out more about growing up with Neocate got the Blog section
- ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, 2008; Vol. 46, No. 1.
- ASCIA. http://www.allergy.org.au/images/pcc/ASCIA_guidelines_infant_feeding_and_allergy_ prevention.pdf [information accessed [27 May 2016]]