Neocate Spoon is the first and only hypoallergenic, amino acid based semi-solid supplement for infants and children over 6 months of age. It provides a great source of calcium, vitamin D and iron to support weaning for children with food allergy.
Neocate Spoon uses a refined rice-based starch as thickener, which forms a smooth, spoonable consistency when mixed with water. Neocate Spoon is an unflavoured powder, making it an ideal base for introducing both sweet and savoury foods into your child’s diet.
Neocate Spoon is for the dietary management of cow’s milk allergy, multiple food protein intolerance and/or food allergy-associated conditions: eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE), gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), malabsorption and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Direction for use:
The quantity of Neocate Spoon should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of your baby.
Neocate Spoon is for oral use only. It is not suitable for bottle feeding or tube feeding. Neocate Spoon is a supplement and not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
The suggested serving size is 8 scoops (37g) of Neocate Spoon plus 60ml of cooled, boiled water to give a spoonable consistency mixture. A smaller serving size can be prepared by adding 4 scoops of Neocate Spoon to 30ml cooled, boiled water. For infants starting on solids, the consistency of Neocate Spoon can be altered by adding more or less water as required.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean all utensils
- Boil fresh water and allow to cool for 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist.
- Fill the scoop provided with Neocate Spoon and level off with the back of a clean dry knife.
- Do not press powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of level scoops of Neocate Spoon into a clean bowl.
- Gradually add the required amount of cooled, boiled water whilst stirring with a clean feeding spoon.
- Mix until thickened. This may take several minutes. To alter the consistency, add more or less water as required.
Neocate Spoon should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any prepared product remaining should be discarded if not used within one hour. Neocate Spoon can be added to cooked foods. Do no add to very hot foods. Do not warm prepared product.